Monday, August 19, 2013

$he Rock$ - LVRG's Skater of the Month


Who ROCKS? $he Rock$! (She Rocks) 

That’s right, she’s the Lehigh Valley Rollergirls’ (LVRG) one and only powerhouse blocker Sheila “$he Rock$” Moyer.  In her second season with LVRG, this hardcore woman of steel has been blocking her way to the top of the Special Vixens Unit team by establishing herself as a solid defensive player.

We asked $he Rock$ how she started with LVRG. She said, “I was at an outing and I ran into LVRG’s Phish Tahko who just arrived from a derby game in uniform.  I was talking with her about skating when I was younger and she told me all about derby and invited me to an open recruitment.  I was flattered that she did and from then on I have loved derby!”

Sheila is one of those teammates that always is smiling, even when practices and games get tough. She is a positive influence on the team, pushing all of her teammates to be their best. She does have her own achievements that she strives for, as she stated; “I would say my greatest achievement at LVRG has been making the team and being a part of such a supportive group of people.  Leaving practice I feel good about myself and the contributions I am able to make and provide because of the other team members.   This I have learned is one if the greatest attributes of the team and I am very proud to be a part of it. I also look up to our very own head coach Rose Beef because she is an awesome derby player and wonderful person.  She encourages me to do my best and to never give up. She makes derby fun and challenges us with great skills and drills. My goal is to continue to get better and learn the amazing sport of derby! Also, my goal is to make the LVRG WFTDA charter.”

Outside of derby, $he Rock$ is an outdoors kind of woman. She likes to spend time with her family camping, she likes to travel, she rides her Harley, she bowls, reads and SHE LOVES TO GO MUDDING.  If her friends could describe her, the words that would come to mind are energetic, loyal, trustworthy, caring and inspiring. Shelia truly is a good hearted person both on and off the track, but don’t get us wrong, she will block you flat if you get in her way.



Fast Facts About $he Rock$:

1.      She is an avid multi-tasker (cleaning, cooking, laundry and babysitting)

2.      She is spontaneous and always up for a good challenge

3.      She enjoys wine making and drinking it afterwards

Come watch $he Rock$ at her next bout with the Special Vixens Unit against Iron Mountain on September 7th. 

Or you can come watch LVRG’s Hissy Fits play this weekend, August 24th at 6:00p.m., when they take on the Salisbury All Stars.

Find us online at http://www.lehighvalleyrollergirls.com

All functions will be held at the Independence Family Fun Center, 4345 Independence Dr, Schnecksville, PA.

Thank you to all of the friends, family and volunteers that make this team so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment